Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taking a stab at this thing for real.

I participated in RT3 last semester, and totally cheated because I didn't create new music-- though I did record and submit music I had written a while ago.

This time I'm actually creating new stuff! Its fun, but difficult (for me at least). I think the easy part is coming up with a melody I like (and the lyrics, which I never really like). The hard part is recording multiple layers with harmonies and adding instruments.

I have also started working on my new music already. I mean, if I get an idea for a song, I can't just put it aside and wait til the ACTUAL RT week to record, otherwise I'd forget it.

So far, I have three new songs in the works... all REALLY different. Its kind of fun to see what I come up with... you people are going to think I have a serious case of ADD. ^_^

One song is A Capella (with tiny bit of piano), the other song I think I'm just going to keep as a piano composition, and the third is sort of a hip-hop-ish ditty with some sweet ass background "instruments" (thanks to the sound kit on my keyboard).

I highly doubt I'm going to do more than these three. I'm already so sick of working on the songs with lyrics, but I think I'll leave them alone for a couple days and go back to them to see what I can improve.

I look forward to hearing/seeing everyone's work again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment