Sunday, March 1, 2009

Done-ish

Well, I'm basically done with my album. Just a few more songs to mix. Even recorded a guitar solo last night (rare for me).

This album...was very...very hard. I had to cut ANOTHER song, and wrote an instrumental track to end the album. I'm down to only about 24 minutes, and there won't be any more. I'm not particularly happy with myself, but the songs I have are good, and I think people will like them.

I also spent the last 2 days doing lyrics and recording vocals. Possibly to the dismay of my friends at the Intercontinental Music Lab, I think this album is space-themed as well. Other than that, I really have no idea what it's about.

I'm a little down about this album...I really wanted to raise the bar set by my last album, but I'm not sure I did. This is my last album in college, too, and I think I'm a little disappointed with it. Still, it sure sounds good.

Either way, I can't wait to hear everyone else's albums...hopefully I should get the majority tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Why does it have to be your last album? Is there an album limitation at Ball State and you've over-recorded?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you had to cut two, it's so much better when you just cut one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fail.

    haha, kidding. I suppose its good to have high standards/expectations of yourself... only way you get better :)
    I can't wait to hear everybody's stuff too!

    ReplyDelete