Thursday, February 26, 2009

Days 3 and 4?

A lot has happened in the past few days.

I finished writing my music. I wrote 6 songs, and hit 32 minutes. Then, I decided to do something drastic: I cut one of the songs! I'm back down to 25 minutes, but I don't care...the 5 I have are fantastic, and I didn't want a mediocre 6th song dragging the album down. Also, I kinda like the idea of having 5 songs...this CD will be sort of the evil twin brother to my Mass album, which also had 5 songs.

I did bass and keys today...now I've got everything done but lyrics/vocals. I don't know what they're about yet, but I think I know the album title, and I have a song called Cherry Blossoms and a song called Super Dude.

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but this album sounds almost too good. The compression on the drums just makes this whole thing absolutely rip. It is teeth-shatteringly heavy. I think with this one I have pushed my MBox 2 to the limit...I'm going to go ahead and say this is as close as you can get to a big-studio sound with a 2-input, $300 inteface (well, 1 input now, the other one died).

Anyways...I like this one. A lot. I'm pretty excited...but still pretty sick. It's a good thing this album is not a happy one, because the vocal performance you hear may involve a good deal of physical pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment