Monday, February 23, 2009

Dia numero...uno?

I'm done with recording for the day...I'm stopping at 10 minutes of music, which I think is good considering I didn't get to start until 7 pm.

I think I have a good idea of what this album will sound like. The inspiration seems to be coming from the eastern hemisphere: I've got a long song based around a strange little Japanese-ish melody, and a shorter song that sounds like some kind of dark Eastern European wedding music. Oh, and they're both pretty darn heavy.

I should point out that I seem to be sick. I had to do an intense bit of singing last week, and my throat has not been happy since. It had better clear up before Friday or Saturday (when I usually do vocals), or I will be very upset. I don't want to release an album without vocals.

I think I'm going to stick with the Eastern-hemisphere thing. What's are some good Asian/European musical styles I can hit? I need suggestions. No idea what will come out of tomorrow.

1 comment: