Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Red, the color of the POD. Black, the color of despair!

Not much to say about day 2...I've got 2 more songs, and I'm up to 22 minutes* of music.

*I generally write all the music in 3 days, and spend 4 days layering instruments and writing lyrics.

I think this CD will be alright after all. I did a strange little power-metal song with a middle-eastern vibe, and then I did a slowish song that will probably be the end of the CD.

Today was pretty relaxed overall...I even finished the day's recording with enough time to watch a little Firefly (hasn't quite lived up to the hype yet...but it very well could).

This is the first time I haven't named the album before writing anything. I don't know what the cover will look like, or what the lyrics will be about, but I'm getting a lot of red and black from the music. Of course, all of the color usually comes from the keyboards, at least in my music, and those won't be in for another few days. So we shall see!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love how you relate your music to colors...

    I have no idea what my cover or title will be either! Probably "the musings of a crack monkey".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect everyone will know what color is appropriate for my submission...

    ReplyDelete