Saturday, February 21, 2009

FIRST

I guess I'll write first because I'm a cheater and starting early on this project.  I have all intention of playing fairly, but my time schedule is a little skewed.  At any rate, I'm really excited to be finally participating in Record Time.  I think I knew about Record Time II, and I definitely had the intention of participating in Record Time III, but school projects absorbed most of my attention/creativity.

At any rate, I've had plenty of time to think about my album.  I was a sullen, mopey little brat in high school, therefore I had ample lyrical fodder for topics such as heartbreak, out-of-mind boredom, and self-loathing.  Don't worry, this album won't be filled with that bullshit (or at least not a lot).

What I'm trying to convey with my album is the experiences of growing up in a town that may or may not have a lot of growing room.  Are you trapped by the place or by the idea of it?  Can you shift your life with a shift in perspective?

Damn, that sounds kind of pretentious.  I swear I'm not.

Saturday, 1 p.m.  Ready, GO!

1 comment: